Department of Surgical Disciplines
The department of surgical disciplines started its work in 2000. The department is a part of Faculty of Postgraduate Education and Pre-University Training, Uzhhorod National University.
The organizer and the first head of the department of surgical disciplines is Professor Patskan Bohdan Mykhailovych.
The department contains five main courses: surgery, orthopedics and traumatology, ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology, urology. The complex topic of the department is intra-abdominal hypertension (symptoms, pathogenesis, prevention, treatment) and its impact on the occurrence and development of pathological syndromes and the complicated course of surgical diseases.
Employees of the department take an active part in scientific and practical conferences, scientific societies and monthly seminars with general practitioners.
Innovative methods of activity are actively implemented and used in the work of the department, among which the priorities are:
Introduction by the department of modern methods of diagnosis and treatment:
1. Early diagnosis of retinal vascular complications using Topcon 3 D OCT Optical Coherence Tomograph (Japan)
2.YAG- laser hyaloidotomy as a modern effective method of treatment of preretinal (premacular) hemorrhages with the help of modern laser device ORTOTEK, OPTOYAG, SLOVENIA
3. Improving the technique of minimally invasive seamless treatment of complicated cataracts.
4. The use of anti-VEGF drugs in the treatment of diseases accompanied by neovascularization and macular edema.
5. Study of tear production in connective tissue diseases in the diagnosis of "Dry Eye Syndrome".
6. Introduction of modern tactics of correction and prevention of myopia progression.
7. Introduction of modern methods of early diagnosis and dynamics of primary glaucomystatic perimetry and computed tomography of the optic nerve (Optical Coherence Tomograph Topcon 3 D OCT)
1. Simultaneous performance of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and laparoscopic inguinal hernioplasty in simultaneous pathology (gallstone disease and inguinal hernia).
2. Laparoscopic treatment of varicocele.
3. Surgical treatment of collagenous colostasis
4. The latest surgical methods of treatment of parastomal hernias.
5. Plastic closure of large defects of the chest wall
1. Implemented endoscopic operations of the paranasal sinuses
2. The use of general anesthesia in the surgical treatment of adenoids in children.
1. Introduction of ureterorenoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of urolithiasis.
Course of orthopedics and traumatology:
2. Anterior minimally invasive access of hip arthroplasty was introduced.
3. Practical classes of modeling operations on plastic bones are introduced into the curriculum of interns of the 1st and 2nd year
The work of the department is aimed at postgraduate training: interns, pre-certification training of surgeons, traumatologists, urologists, ophthalmologists, otorhinolaryngologists.
In the educational process of the department multimedia electronic means are used - a full methodical set of text, graphic, audio and video information on many topics for lectures and conferences. Programs for current training of interns and cadets are widely implemented in the educational process.
- Uzhhorod Central City Clinical Hospital
- Transcarpathian Regional Clinical Hospital named after Newbie
- City Oncology Center
- CDC of Mukachevo, Tyachevo, Vinogradova, Beregova, Irshava, Khust
Відповідальний за інформацію: Пацкань Богдан Михайлович
Дата оновлення сторінки: 09.12.2022